Friday, May 1, 2009

Restrict late term abortion: A law?

My opinions are neutral in the abortion area. I think no one should suffer whether it is the baby, the mother, the healthcare personnel, or the families. However, abortion is needed if carrying the baby to term will jeopardize the physical and mental health of the patient. If the family has no means to provide for the baby and putting the baby up for adoption, in most cases, not a good idea. The kid would suffer through the system as sad as that sounds. This doesn’t mean I condone reckless behavior beforehand of the caused problem. Sometimes, a person’s irresponsibility shouldn’t be the cause of death of a life. I mean having a baby should be a joyous occasion; a lot of abortions are proving that feeling wrong. All these anti-abortion people, it’s funny that the most statements I read are from the men, I mean what do they know and don’t tell me it’s that someone who was close to them had an abortion and that changed their life. If you had an abortion, I would think that would change anyone's life. I think they stay by the idea without knowing anything else. I get why they are against it, not killing a life, personal morals, and for religious reasons. However, are they willing to endanger one’s life to save another?
Nowadays people are jumping to sue everyone left and right, and passing this bill would have added more to that list. No wonder some of the best doctors avoid practicing certain areas, because they are inhibited in the care that they can give, by the same people that they cared for. I think if they passed the bill, it wouldn’t change things, everything runs its course. Restricting certain laws in late term abortions just so you could sue, I mean doesn’t that defeat the whole purpose about saving a life. Most of the time, it ends up that obtaining money is the true face of abortion. People are still going to do abortions. The person who has the money will do it silently and the person who doesn’t have the money will find other means. Restricting abortion will result in more people dying. I think being more open about sex, will help decline the rate of abortion. If you want to prevent abortion, put your energy in educating people on prevention, be more open about sex education and hopefully make them realize the value of life. Sometimes, the causes for abortion are ridiculous such as for career reasons.

No comments: